Monday, August 3, 2009

Today's Letter from Zach

Sent: Monday, August 03, 2009 1:47 PM
To: Huffman, Lisa
Subject: New apartment smell!

Crazy crazy week.

A couple days ago we got our new apartment. Elder Jasperson and I aren't sleeping on the floor anymore! Woohoo! Our new apartment is huge. It has 2 bedrooms, 2 bathrooms, and a giant living room. We turned the other bedroom into a "closet". They were able to get us most of the furniture we need. We have tables, desks, beds, and a couple lamps. Unfortunately, we don't have lightbulbs or chairs. We'll make it, though. We baught most of what we needed (like lightbulbs and candy).

Other than that not a lot has really happened, haha. I went on a couple exchanges since last Monday. The first was with Elder Pepinos and we stayed in Wilmington. The second was with Elder Meza in Albertson (Elder Loe's area).

It's always neet seeing what other areas/companions are like but I think most of it is too show me how great of an area and companion I have, haha. Everyone who comes to Wilmington says I don't know how lucky I have it. But it's hard. Hands down hard. It's been 3 weeks and we have 1 progressing investigator and neither of the investigators that have baptisimal dates are progressing.

We do have a really great ward, though, and with the recent changes to the meal policy it looks like we're going to be fed a lot (we're technically split up between 4 wards, and guranteed dinner every wednesday by a part-member family).

My Bike is still running fine. I named it "Flux" because the English Zone Leaders we were living with kept calling me "Huffmaster Flux" while I was working on it. The front fender fell off, but that's a story for another time.

When Elder Jasperson and I were riding home from Albertson we talked into our hands like microphones as airline pilots. It was really fun and a great way to pass the 2 hour drive home (after getting lost in Albertson for an hour).

I love you all and am so thankful for your support! Keep writting me or the next email will be in Spanish!

No comments:

Post a Comment