Monday, August 3, 2009

Missed one- last weeks letter

To: Huffman, Lisa
Subject: I feel like I'm still riding my bike when I'm sleeping!

Wow, what another great week! After I sent the last email we went golfing with a bunch of other missionaries for our P-Day. Afterwards we bought our grocceries and I spent $16 total and still have plenty of food, haha.

This week was crazy, to say the least, with a lot of ups and downs. Rosi, one of greastest investigators, is good friends with Cozme, who is probably one of the strongest members in our ward. He told us that she's been taking the lessons for a lot longer than we thought and she looks at them more like conversations than anything else. He told us that if she doesn't start keeping commitments or coming to church then we should drop her.
The day before that I was on an exchange with one of the Spanish AP's. It was Elder Espinosa (the person that trained Elder Jasperson so in missionary terms he's my "Grandpa"). He taught me a lot and pushed me to talk a lot more to the people we contacted. We contacted 3 drunk guys and they all said I looked like I was afraid of them, haha. Afterwards Elder Espinosa got a picture of them and us but one of the more sober ones left cause he thaught we were police.
I then went to teach Rosi with him and all that happened for an hour and a half was her husband Rolly argued with us (he's a devoted Atheist). Cozme told us Rosi believes all the same things her husband does and that she never keeps commitments, so we'll probably have to drop her.
Two of our investigators have baptisimal dates. Adali and Arcio. They both live together with a few other people in a small little trailer. They both took to what we were teaching very well and Elder Jasperson and Elder Holse (the other Spanish AP) read them 3Nephi 11 and they both had no doubts that it was wrong.
On Thursday I went on an exchange to Wallace (since my companion is District Leader.) I worked with Elder Wilson and he taught me a lot. It was wierd working in another area.
We gave the car back to the English missionaries so we rode our bikes all around Wilmington. It's a lot bigger on bike than it is on car.
President Cotterell had interviews for us in our area the other day. During my interview he said there is a good chance that I'll be in Wilmington for 6 months, and he told it to Elder Jasperson, too. He's an awesome person and he told us all that his focus for us is to develope us for the long run. Not to just become better missionaries but that we'll be prepared to be better parents and husbands. One way he's doing that is by having companions together longer and being in the same area longer.
He also changed the rule on meals so we're getting fed a lot more.
Today, Elder Jensen and Elder Robertson (the english missionaries we live with) had some one take them out for breakfast. He invited us too so we came along. His name was Daniel and he's a friend of a member that Elder Jensen became really good friends with in another area. He bought breakfast for us and then we went to his house for an hour and a half. He had a lot of questions and was really accepting to what we taught him. He's probably the most golden investigator that has ever existed, and on top of that he's the kind of person that you can become great friends with in the matter of seconds. He told us that he didn't want to take up all our time but we told him about what P-Day was and invited him to hang out with us while we did our chores. He came to the church and we played basketball (well, they played basketball, I watched). He went home but we all gave him an assignment to read from the Book of Mormon.
Other than all that, not much has happened. We're still teaching a lot and still going up and down trailer parks.
Don't forget to send me letters!

No comments:

Post a Comment