Wednesday, August 19, 2009

Sent: Monday, August 10, 2009 8:56 AM
To: Huffman, Lisa
Subject: Famb'lee!

Ok, I got one letter this week so I won't write this in Spanish (but it was an old one that came late, so concider yourselves lucky!)

This week was nuts. I went on another exchange (I go on one every week since Elder Jasperson is DL). I got to go back to Wallace but this time I was with Elder Larsen, who we call Big Lars. He's really cool but really, really quirky. He's like a guy version of Courtney, actually. We had two dinner appointments that night. The first was with a Less Active family and things got heated when we talked about prayer, haha. The other was with a guy named Victor. He's the Branch Mission Leader (Wallace only has a Branch for Spanish and English members, no Ward.) He's really young and is moving to Provo in a month for School.
Yesterday, we had 7 investigators (we just call them Gators) to church. We usually have one or two come, but they had been coming since before we got here, so this is my first real time having an investigator come. They all liked it.
After church we had dinner with a member. He lives in Oaklahoma but is here for work for the next month or so. He's originaly from American Fork so when he heard I was from Lehi he started picking on me, haha. He fed both us and the English ZL's. It was the best meal I've had since I left. He made up a recipe for pasta that had shrimp, scallops, Italian sausage, and yogurt. It was really, really good.
Elder JAsperson and I then went to Bell street to talk to an investigator. He wasn't there and no one lese was at any house. We got to the end of the road and there was a huge fiesta going on. It was a girl's birthday party and the person we were visitting was there (along with the whole neigborhood). The tradition is (from what I could translate from our gator) was that for every year they have they have that many pinatas. We talked with Hector for a while and he invited us to have dinner with him on Thursday. We also have 2 more dinner appointments on Wednesday.
It's so awesome being here.

I hit my 3-month mark in 3 days. I don't get to burn anything, but in 3 more months I get to burn a tie. Elder Robertson (the English ZL) just hit his 18 month mark and burned his pants. I wasn't there but the pictures were cool.

No comments:

Post a Comment