Tuesday, June 16, 2009

I've been here for 4 weeks now. That's one month. That means I can officially go crazy! Woohoo!

Anyways, two districts left yesterday from our Zone. One of them had been held back for a couple weeks because of swine flu. Now, with those two districts gone, my district is the oldest! It's so weird because it feels like we've been here for so little, yet so long at the same time.

Last Tuesday was an awesome devotional. We're singing the prelude hymns like usual and watching the announcements they play before we begin. Usuall they show who's speaking but this time they hadn't. After our first prelude hymn the head of security comes up to the mic and says "I just want to remind everyone that if the Prophet or another General Authority walks in we are all supposed to stand up to show respect. That's only if."

Of course everyone started talking immediatly that the Prophet could be speaking tonight! In the middle of the second prelude hymn every one in the room stood up. I didn't see who it was but I knew it was some one important. After the hymns we all sat down and President Smith (the president of the MTC) said Elder David A. Bednar was our speaker. I was so excited and I was only 10 rows away from the pulpit! It's was an amazing talk.

He started off unlike anything I'd seen before. He called out two missionaries by name and gave them a personal message. After that he talked about recognizing the spirit's promptings. I wish you all could have been there to listen to it!

He also hinted that Elder Dallin H. Oaks might be coming for our next devotional. Guess I'll find out tomarrow!

Next week all the new Mission Presidents come in, which includes mine. I'll get a chance to meet them, so I'm really excited! Also, my teacher said 10 out of the 12 Apostles come for devotionals while they're here, and theres a good chance the Prophet will speak!

Aside from all that excitement, not much else is happening. They switched our District leader so it's no longer Elder Waite but Elder Hine. He's a goofball but of all of us he can get the work done.

Spanish is still coming. We're learning all the lesson in Spanish now, and for the past 4 days we've spoken mostly Spanish as a District. We're going to learn somthing soon that they say makes everything a lot easier. I guess we'll see!

No comments:

Post a Comment