Monday, June 29, 2009

From: Zachary Huffman
Sent: Monday, June 29, 2009 2:57 PM
To: Huffman, Lisa
Subject: Sorry it's so late!

I had started writing at 7:40-ish but the computer kicked me off. None of the computers were working in the laundry room. So let's see if I can remember what I wrote!

This past week has been pretty cool and really weird. All the mission presidents came to the MTC for their training so they shut down 1M (the main building, but I only go there for meals.) The Mission Presidents were told to not interact with the missionaries since there is still a threat of Swine Flu going around. From what I understand not many of them followed that rule, haha.
Elder Parsons and Elder Loe got to meet our new mission president, but I wasn't there when they saw him. He told them he was very excited to meet me and he would try on Sunday. I never found him. Elder Parsons and Elder Loe said he was really awesome, though, so I can't wait to meet him in the field.
For the training seminars most of the 12 Apostles and First Presidency came to teach them. On Sunday, they had their sacrament meeting and Elder Parsons was able to sit through it because he was in the choir and Elder Hine and Elder Mcmurtry were there to help pass the sacrament.
Elder Hine said President Monson kept smiling and winking at him, haha.
Elder Loe and Elder Moss saw Elder Jeffery R Holland walking around. It's funny how if you're lucky you can just glance and see some one that powerful. Elder Holland talked at our Devotional (wich was moved from Tuesday to Friday.) He gave a really powerful talk and the last thing he said hit every one. "Welcome to the work of Angels".

I only have 2 more weeks until I enter the field. Rumors are going around that we'll get travel plans today, but we'll see. As of now the plans are that I'll be leaving the 13th of July. If they don't come today they'll come Friday (either way I'll have them before my next email)

It's crazy how fast time has flown since I got here, but everyone says it goes by a lot faster in the field.

Mí espoñol es muy bien. Pero, somos enseñado lección dos en espoñol esta semana. No me gusta lección dos pero es muy importante que aprendo. Mí compañero le gusta lección dos. Mí compañero es loco.

¡Les Amo mucho! No puedo esperar ir a el campo.

No comments:

Post a Comment